Size Guide For Babies And Toddlers.
One of the first things that future parents buy is clothes for their baby. In fact, there are those who go a step further and even buy some clothes for the subsequent months or the entire first year. Obviously, choosing the right size can be difficult since it varies from one small to another and depends on the different brands of clothing and countries.
However, if you cannot contain the impulse to buy some clothes for your baby in advance or you simply want to renew your child’s closet without having to go shopping with him, we explain a standard table of sizes of clothes and shoes for babies and Young children that can be very useful.
Clothing sizes for babies and toddlers.
The size of clothes for babies and young children is classified by months, from size 0 months for newborn babies to size 36 months for older children. However, in most cases these sizes do not match the age of the child but with his height, so that when you want to choose a garment for your baby you will have to look at his height in order to choose the size that best suits him.
- 0 to 12 months The size 0 months comes as a ring to the finger to babies that are up to 56 centimeters tall. But if the baby already reaches 62 centimeters, the ideal is that you bet for a size 3 months, and if it approaches 68 centimeters, you better buy a size 6 months. Also, when the baby has an approximate height of 74 centimeters the size you should choose is 9 months and if it is already 80 centimeters, the size 12 months.
- 12 to 18 months Between 12 and 18 months of age, the baby experiences a great change in terms of height, so if you chose a size 12 months before, when it reaches approximately 86 centimeters you should start looking for a larger size, to 18 month old babies
- 18 to 24 months. When the baby approaches 90 centimeters, it is time to change from size 18 months to 24 months. The size of 24 months suits children who measure up to 92 centimeters.
- 2 to 3 years Up to 92 centimeters tall you can bet on size 2 years for young children. However, if the child is close to 98 centimeters you should change to size 3 years since it will be more comfortable and comfortable.
- Shoe size for babies and toddlers
- The size of shoes for babies and young children is also classified by months and usually coincides with the measurement of their foot in centimeters. However, unless the difference is very marked , it is always advisable to choose one more size of shoes than the one worn by the child so that they are comfortable enough.
- 0 to 12 months For a newborn whose foot is up to 10.2 centimeters long, his perfect shoe size is 16. However, a 3-month-old baby with a foot 10.5 centimeters long should wear a size 17. Likewise, size 18 is ideal for 6-month-old babies whose foot measures 11 centimeters while size 19 is good for babies of approximately 9 months with a foot 11.7 centimeters long. At 12 months, when the foot reaches 12.5 centimeters, it should be changed to a size 20.
- 12 to 18 months If your baby’s foot at 12 months exceeds 12.5 centimeters, you must bet on a size larger than 21, since the shoes will be more comfortable. Size 21 is good for the 18-month-old baby whose foot measures up to 13.3 centimeters.
- 18 to 24 months. When your baby’s foot exceeds 13.3 centimeters it is convenient that you start buying one more size of shoes, the 22. This size is good for babies whose feet measure up to 13.6 centimeters.
- 24 to 36 months. Size 23 is usually perfect for when the child turns 2 since at this age his foot does not usually exceed 14.3 centimeters. However, if the child’s foot reaches 15 centimeters you should start using a size 24. And, if at 36 months your foot has grown a few more centimeters, up to 16.7 you should start using a size 25.
Leave a Reply